The purpose for global missions can best find its foundation in God’s Word. God’s desires, as expressed in the Scriptures, provide the basis for all that a local church is to be and do including their relationships and involvements with both believers and unbelievers.
The purpose for Harbour Shores Church involvement in missions is:
- To fulfill the Great Commission (Matt. 28:19-20, Mark 16:15-16, Luke 24:45-49, John 20:21-22, Acts 1:8, Acts 26:16-18).
- To share Christ’s heart for the world (John 3:16, Matt. 9:36-38, Matt. 18:10-14).
- To minister to the totality of human need (Matt. 10:42, Matt. 25:31-46, Luke 16:19-31).
- To bring men and women, girls and boys, to a saving knowledge of God (Rom. 10:13-15, 1 Cor. 9:19-23, Jude 22-23).
- To obey Christ by confessing Him to the world (Matt. 10:32-33, Matt. 25:41-46, 1 John 4:2-3).
- To be a blessing to all peoples/nations (Gen. 12:1-3).
We hope that you’ll find the following downloadable information helpful as you consider how you might minister and partner with us in reaching the world for Christ.
- “Missionary Principles and Practices”
- “Short-Term Missions Opportunities Approval Process and Fundraising Guidelines”
- “Short-Term Missions Application – Individual”
- “Short-Term Missions Application – Group”
- “Mass Outreach Guidelines”
- “So You’re Thinking About Being a Missionary?”
- “Aspiring Missionary Information Sheet”
- “Candidacy Procedure”
- "Donation and/or Funding to Support Mission Activities"
To the Jew First Society: Please check-out a new web site at: www.tothejewfirstsociety.org.To the Jew First Society is a wonderful ministry working to reach the Jewish people with the Gospel of Jesus Christ! Two of our own, Neil & Marge Horn, work with this organization to encourage/support Jewish believers and further the Gospel.