Harbour Shores Women’s Ministries provides the opportunity for women to connect with women, build relationships, and challenge each other in God’s Word, while providing enjoyable events where guests hear a clear presentation of the Gospel of Christ.
Women’s Ministries at Harbour Shores
Encouraging each other to be the women God designed us to be and live more fully for Him.
“Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord…” Eph 6:7a
Bible Studies for Women
- A Tuesday morning Bible study is underway at 9:30am in ABF #6. Doris Jennings is teaching on "Where Do We Go From Here, THIS YEAR". Watch the church website and bulletin for dates, additional details and future studies. Child care provided, use East entrance.
Hands for Missions
- Meets monthly Tuesday mornings from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.in the Family Life Center following Ladies Bible Study. Meeting dates are: 1/17, 2/14, 3/14, 4/11, 5/9, 9/12, 10/3, and 11/14. This ministry puts together craft projects for our missionaries. All are welcome and no skills are required; only a desire to serve the Lord. Contact Jane Vetter @ 317.774.9430 for more information.
Hearts for Missions
- Come and personally meet one of our sent missionaries home on furlough and hear about their experiences on the field. Watch the bulletin for exact date, time and location of future meetings.
Ladies Night of Worship (N.O.W.)
- Harbour Shores ladies 5th grade and up are invited to come for worship, prayer and fellowship from 7-8:30 p.m. September 14th. Use the east entrance door; no childcare. Contact Sarah Koster @ 317.376.9809 for more information.
Ladies Sewing Ministry
- Come learn to sew or come if you just like to sew! Ladies meet twice monthly in the evening upstairs in the admin building. Watch the bulletin for dates and details. Contact Joy Carl @ 317.226.9568 for more information.
- Severe Illness Meal Ministry - provides meals for church members or regular attendees during severe illnesses. Please contact Rosalie Smith @ 317.773.7995 for more info or if you are interested in volunteering. There is also a sign-up sheet on our ministry table that can be filled out and given to anyone on the committee.
- Funeral Meal Ministry - In the event of a deceased Harbour Shores Church member, the HSC Funeral Meal Ministry Team will provide a meal for the immediate family (not to exceed 30) to be delivered to their home on the day of their choice within a week of the funeral.
- The Funeral Meal Ministry Coordinator, Rosalie Smith @317-773-7995, must be notified 48 hours in advance of the meal need.
Christmas Card Exchange/Distribution
- Our church family has an opportunity to exchange Christmas cards with each other each year. The postage saved can be donated to a selected Missionary family. Watch the November bulletins for details and contact Paula Fowler if you can help with the sorting and distribution.
Secret Sister Ministry
- The Secret Sister Ministry ends each December at our Prelude to Christmas event when our Secret Sister for the year is revealed and a new Sister is given for a new year of prayer, encouragement and uplifting in ‘secret’. All are welcome to participate. Contact Rosalie Smith @ 317-773-7995 for more information.
Shepherd’s Label Ministry
- This ministry collects Campbell’s Soup & Box Top Education labels to benefit Shepherd’s Ministry in Wisconsin. An ongoing collection box is located on the Ministry table in the foyer. Contact Jannell Ingalls for more information.
EVENTS IN 2017
- Ladies' Spring Celebration on Thursday, May 11, 2017 from 6:50 - 9:00 p.m. in the Family Life Center
- Mother's Day Family Photos on Sunday, May 14, 2017 following morning worship service in the Family Life Center.
- Ladies Retreat at HSC on Saturday, September 23, 2017 from 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. at the church facility.
- Prelude to Christmas on December 6, 2017 from 6:50 - 9:00 p.m. in the Family Life Center.
Committee Members: Joan Henriksson (Chair), Dee Crozier, Kristin Galbraith, Lisa Hurtley, Tracy Jones, Nancy Kelton, JoAnn King, Elaine Pagdin, Karen Pryor, Mallory Slate, Rosalie Smith,Jane Vetter.
We would appreciate your comments, concerns or suggestions at any time as we continue to serve our Lord together.
Updated February, 2017